Instagram wall collage

I'll start by saying this; I like Instagram as much as the next person, but I still think there is something to be said for old fashioned printed photos. Yes I love my Instax instant camera and yes, I still order prints from my point-n-shoot. But over the past couple of years, most of my on-the-go photography has been done using Instagram, and I've found myself missing the tactile experience of printed photos. 

Luckily for me, more and more companies are now offering fun ways to print your Instagram photos. I am a big fan of Origrami, and have ordered their retro polaroid-style prints several times. When I got my latest batch in the mail a few days ago, I thought it would be fun to show them off in some way.

Our apartment has these super hard concrete walls, so hanging pictures is always a huge undertaking. Not exactly ideal for putting up a bunch of tiny 4" x 5" frames. Enter my washi tape collection! This project is so simple that I hesitate to even call it DIY - but I think it came out rather well. I just picked out a few favorites, and stuck them up in a heart pattern using MT solid color washi tape.

I even found an excuse to use my new mini-sized level, to ensure that the photos were hung (reasonably) straight. Oh, and sorry about the poor lighting in these photos. The weather has been really dull and overcast this past week!


A quick and easy project for a rainy afternoon! And just for fun, here's a photo I snapped of my washi collection - yeah, I'm not addicted...



No comments:

Post a Comment